I was browsing through the Dear Evan Hansen programme, and as usual paid close attention to Rupert’s bio. What new treasure might I unearth here…? Wait, what! “Koala Singing” in the television credits? What on earth is that…?!
A quick Google turned up no reasonable results, so I asked The Man Himself at the stage door – and Rupert confessed to occasionally including a made-up credit in his bio as a shout-out to one of his friends or family members. He said he hadn’t done it for a while now, but of course once I got back home to Oz I fished out my old theatre programmes.
This is what I found:
- “Uncle Bobby’s Croft (Edinburgh Fringe Festival)” listed under theatre credits in the Tonight at 8:30 programme.
- Also listed in the While the Sun Shines programme as “Uncle Bobby’s Croft (Edinburgh Fringe 2008)”.
- “Memories of Prague” listed under theatre credits in the High Society programme.
- “Singing with Molly” listed under theatre credits in the Philanderer programme.
- “Koala Singing” listed under television credits in the Dear Evan Hansen (West End) programme.
There are a couple of entries in the Company programme for which I don’t have any further details. One is for a legit production (Feeding Time at the Battersea Arts Centre) and the other might be true (Three’s a Crowd at Shepherd Churchill Hall). However, the four made-up productions listed above are clearly fakes, so I decided to leave the two Company listings on my “more research needed” page.
Well played, Rupert!
- Banner image thanks to dovile kuusiene of Yay Images.