We don’t know much for now, but we hope that will change!
- was born in Lambeth, London on 16 May 1978
- is named Rupert Francis Young
- began acting at the age of 5, when he played a donkey in a school play – and he says, ‘I thought I was very good’
- followed this up with a role as a tree, which confirmed his newfound ambition to ‘stand around in the background not saying anything’
- attended Pangbourne College 1991-96. Ian Busby reports on the Old Pangbournian website, ‘Rupert was one of my star hockey forwards in an Under-15 side!’
- said in an interview, ‘At 17 I had a drama teacher, Paul Clarkson, who directed me in Guys and Dolls who told me after the show I should be an actor and go to drama school. So I applied to LAMDA, where he had gone and I got in.’
- studied at LAMDA (The London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art) 2001-04
- has a brother and a sister – his brother is Justin Young, formerly series producer and head writer for Holby City, and now a freelance writer
- doesn’t have a favourite colour as such, but likes wearing brown and/or blue
You can write to Rupert care of his agent:
- Rupert Young
c/o Curtis Brown Group Ltd
- Click here for Rupert’s page on the Curtis Brown website (which now includes a CV, showreel and other goodies).
You can book Rupert for events:
- Dan John at the DMJ Consultancy
You can follow Rupert on Twitter!
P.S. Rupert is not related to Will Young, the winner of Pop Idol in 2002. Will Young does, however, have a twin brother named Rupert.